'Sketchbook to paintings' workshop with Karen George on Wednesday 16th June
Please ensure you have read the Terms & Conditions and COVID Guidelines.
'Sketchbook to paintings' workshop with Karen George
1 day workshop
Booking closes Sunday 13th June at midnight.
Based at the stunning Barn Gallery, Church Farm in Kington Langley, Wiltshire; this 1 day workshop will teach you skills to make your sketchbooks a valuable part of your painting process. This is not a workshop about creating beautiful pieces of artwork - it's about guiding you to learn how to notice and then capture what it is about a place that resonates with you and how to respond to these sketches back in the studio. This is about laying the foundations for future work so you can go back to your own studios with a clear direction.
- The workshop runs from 10am - 4pm with a break for lunch.
- Attendees should aim to arrive from 9.30am - time to meet up and grab a coffee before cracking on with the workshop.
- The morning session weather permitting will normally involve sketching outside - so come prepared!
- The afternoon session will be in the Barn Gallery - a bright airy space allowing socially distanced workspaces. You'll learn how to develop your sketches, create thumbnails and think about colour and composition.
- Light lunch and refreshments are included.
- Materials: you will need to bring your sketchbook and a selection of graphite pencils (I use 3B, 5B and 8B). A hard back sketchbook is better for sketching outside. Other art materials will be available to use on the day. You are of course welcome to bring a larger range of your own art materials if you prefer. If you need advice regarding materials then do get in touch.
- Please note you will not be starting final paintings at this workshop. However you will leave the workshop with plenty of ideas to work up into paintings and the skills to carry the process forward into further work.
The Barn Gallery, Church Farm, Middle Common, Kington Langley, Chippenham SN15 5NN