'Sketchbooks to paintings' workshop with Karen George Art - Tuesday 21st June
Please ensure you have read the Terms & Conditions and COVID Guidelines.
'Sketchbook to paintings' workshop with Karen George
1 day workshop
Based at Stratton-on-the-Fosse village hall; this 1 day workshop will teach you skills to make your sketchbooks a valuable part of your painting process. This is not a workshop about creating beautiful pieces of artwork - it's about guiding you to learn how to notice and then capture what it is about a place that resonates with you and how to respond to these sketches back in the studio. This is about laying the foundations for future work so you can go back to your own studios with a clear direction.
- The workshop runs from 10am - 4pm with a break for lunch.
- Attendees should aim to arrive from 9.45am - time to meet up and grab a coffee before cracking on with the workshop.
- The workshop will be in Stratton-on-the-Fosse village hall - a bright airy space allowing socially distanced workspaces.
- The morning session weather permitting will normally involve sketching outside - so come prepared!
- The afternoon session will be in the village hall. You'll learn how to develop your sketches, create thumbnails and think about colour and composition.
- Refreshments (i.e. tea, coffee & cake) are included.
- Remember to bring your own packed lunch.
- Materials are included but you are of course welcome to bring your own art materials if you prefer.
- Please note you will not be starting final paintings at this workshop. However you will leave the workshop with plenty of ideas to work up into paintings and the skills to carry the process forward into further work.
Stratton-on-the-Fosse village Hall, Linkmead, Stratton-on-the-Fosse, Radstock BA3 4QQ